Wednesday 20 July 2016

Training for the next few weeks

Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the great summer weather we have been having so far :-)

Amanda and I will be away for the next few weeks so I thought I would provide the training schedule until my return to team practice on August 9th. Jean-François and/or Scott will be at training during that time to lead the training sessions. If you know you will be away from team practice during the next few weeks, could you let me know (867-334-9220 or xcyukon@gmail.com) so that I can keep Scott and JF updated on who will be around at training. If for some unforeseen reasons, JF or Scott were not there at the start of the workout, just start your warm-up based on the following information.

If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me as I will have access to my texts and e-mails during my time away form the Yukon. Thanks. Alain

Thursday July 21: running and circuit training in the race office

Tuesday July 26: roller skiing including the following for continuous specific strength at 4:45;

5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only

total time for the specific strength will be 40 min. The idea is to increase the work for the legs while maintaining the upper body work

Thursday July 28: running and circuit training in the race office

Tuesday Aug 2: roller skiing including the following for continuous specific strength at 4:45;

5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only
5 min of double polling only
followed by 5 min of skating legs only

Thursday Aug 4: running and circuit training in the race office

The next camp on the Haines Road will take place from Aug 19-21. Cheers. Alain