Friday 10 February 2017

Further Explanation of the Selection Process and Marsh Lake Loppet Saturday

Hello everyone, I am glad the weather is cooperating and we will likely get to race tomorrow at Marsh Lake. I visited the race site on Wednesday and at that time, the trails were hard packed with lots of spruce cones and needles covering the ski trails. With fresh grooming overnight, the trail conditions should improve greatly for tomorrow's race. You should expect hard packed trails with abrasive snow. I would strongly recommend to abrade your wax pocket well with a 100 grit sandpaper and then apply a base wax to your wax pocket before you start applying your hard wax.

I expect the temperature at race time to be around -10 or so. I would recommend the use of a Rode Super Blue Extra first and see how the kick is on the trails during your warm-up before you try a warmer wax. If that prove too slippery, you could move to a Violet Multigrade Purple. The next step would be to use a Rode Violet.

I will be at the race site early tomorrow and can provide help if you need. The start time for the 10 and 20 km races is 1:00 pm.

Allan Frostad, has provided additional information regarding the selection process as he has been answering questions from the skiers since the meeting yesterday. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact him.

Explanations to the Selection Process

See you tomorrow. Take care. Alain

PS. If anyone is interested in the B Team option, please let me know as I would be happy to help facilitate this opportunity.